- postal order
- nouna written order for the payment of a sum to a named individual; obtainable and payable at a post office• Syn: ↑money order• Hypernyms: ↑draft, ↑bill of exchange, ↑order of payment
* * *nounBritain : a postal money order that is issued in fixed denominations, is payable to a particular person and at a particular office, and may be crossed for payment through a bank
* * *Chiefly Brit.See money order.[1895-1900]
* * *postal order nounAn order issued by the postmaster authorizing the holder to receive at a post office payment of the sum printed on it• • •Main Entry: ↑postal
* * *an official document that you buy in a post office as a safe way of sending money to someoneThesaurus: general words for money, cash and coinshyponym
* * *postal order,British. a type of money order issued by a post office for one of a number of fixed sums.
* * *noun, pl ⋯ -ders [count]Brit : ↑money order
* * *an official document that you can buy at a bank or a post office and send to sb so that they can exchange it for moneySee also: ↑money order
Useful english dictionary. 2012.